Thursday, November 19, 2009

Little Vacation

We have life long friends/family that live in Houston. Debbie, aka DV, and Stuart, aka Stu-rat, have been in my life since I can remember. Their daughters Amber and April are my longest known friends. Amber and I are the same age, just seperated by a few weeks. April and Jill were also close in age. April was born with Cystic Fibrosis, and in 1998 she lost her battle. There are lots I could say about April and what she taught me, but I will save that for another blog.

Today I want to share about our little summer vacation. Mom and I took the boys to meet Amber and her sweet girls, Kayla and Taylor, along with DV for a little hang time. We started at a camp site at Lake Livingston. YES, I said camp site.


Everybody had a GREAT time. The kids play so good together. Even though they are only around each other a couple of times per year. But they love each other, just like Amber, April, Jill and I did.
We had a great time. The kids went fishing, which was Chase's highlight. We spend some wonderful quality time just being togther. After our camping adventure, we drove into Houston for a couple of days. The kids swam and we went to the Children's Museum.
We made lot of memories, which the boys still talk about. We all had a great time.

No comments: