Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Meaning of Christmas

I could not resist posting what my morning was like. I am off today due to the fact that my doctor is on vacation. My mother in law and I have planned to do some shopping today for the boys. I was talking with Dawson and Chase about what they may want Noni to buy them. Dawson has been extremely not helpful in this area, this entire Holiday season. He did come up with a couple of ideas. Chase was the one that amazed me this morning. He said he wanted some games for his V.Smile, "that I know Santa is getting me". When I asked what else he may want he replied, "I want some presents to give to other kids that will not have any."

I almost lost it immediately. My family is lucky in the grand scheme of things. We are all healthy and happy together. The boys have lots of things I am sure kids all over Benton envy. But for Chase to realize some kids are not that lucky, amazed me. He has always had a very big loving heart. I needed this wake up call today. I stress about Christmas and wanting the boys to be happy and excited about the Holiday, but I guess I am the one that needs the help. They pretty much have it down right. Jesus is the reason we celebrate. And giving to others is a great thing to ask for. I am not sure what the plan will be for Chase but we will for sure be getting some gifts for other kids. I will keep you posted on how that goes.