Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Only a few hours

So, my children have been out of towm with my parents. They went to visit family friends that live in Houston, TX. My mom continued to comment on how great the boys were being. Not fighting, playing well with Kayla and Taylor. I was so excited. I always love to hear they are being good, especially around people we don't see all the time.

WELL, let me just tell you that did not last long. The boys rolled in about 5:00 last night. I went straight to mom and dad's to get them, AND she had said they were excited to see us and that they had missed us. When I drove up they both acted like they were happy to us. JUST LET ME TELL YOU THAT WAS SHORT LIVED. We got home, ate, took showers and settled in the watch Caroline play basketball on T.V. They were at BYU and they have their own station.

The boys were excited to play with new toys, which of course we did. As the night wore on it went down hill. Chase was extremely tired and that led fast to screaming and yelling....Any of you that know us, know what I am talking about........My mom and dad were at our house along with Mona and Bubbba. My mom and dad both tired to keep Chase in check. Dad is usually the best at that. The night ended with everyone leaving and Chase in his room, SCREAMing at the top of his lungs, I HATE MY MOM. Aren't those words what ever mother longs to hear, NOT!

I have learned in Chase's short 6 years of life that at his most exhausted all bets are off. He can do or say anything and not even know the empact. So of course, I cried myself to sleep as I listened to him sing in the dark in his room, I hate my mom, I hate my mom, I hate my mom.
I know today he will be my sweet, precious boy again, but................

Just wanted to let everyone in on my great and wonderful evening......

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Ship him to me! :)
You know he will be fine today and love you more than ever!